Monday 27 April 2009

What you do when you stress?

What is stress?


Based on Wikipedia, Stress is a biological term which refers to the consequences of the failure of a human or animal body to respond appropriately to emotional or physical threats to the organism, whether actual or imagined. It includes a state of alarm and adrenaline production, short-term resistance as a coping mechanism, and exhaustion. It refers to the inability of a human or animal body to respond. Common stress symptoms include irritability, muscular tension, inability to concentrate and a variety of physical reactions, such as headaches and elevated heart rate.


From The American Institute of Stress(AIS) : "Stress is not a useful term for scientists because it is such a highly subjective phenomenon that it defies definition. And if you can't define stress, how can you possibly measure it? The term "stress", as it is currently used was coined by Hans Selye in 1936, who defined it as "the non-specific response of the body to any demand for change".

With my opinion, I think Stress is kind of illness related to human's feeling. Example, in a day, when we think too much about one problem or couple of problems happening in that day and we are difficult to have a perfect decision, so the Stress will come up.

What I do when I stress?

Well, when people get stress they actually have different activities to recover their feeling. To me, when I get stress I usually do exercise like playing football, playing volleyball, do jogging around the local park. I also sometimes go for a walk or go out with my friends to do shopping, to do fishing...Oh, one more important activity is I always take a bath. Taking bath is an effective way to recover from stress, I think.

How about you? What you do when you get stress?

I hope to read your opinion about stress by commenting below,Thanks!

If you like this post, please subscribe below,thanks!

Please Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

To Get Every New Posts Updated, Please Subscribe here!

2 comments:

Lee 30 April 2009 at 07:03  

Unfortunately my means of dealing with stress is incredibly detrimentla to my health - smoking.

When I'm content I only smoke a cigarette or two in a day but when things get on top of me that can increase to as many as 30!

visalittleboy 30 April 2009 at 07:18  

Hi Lee!

Thank you for your quick replying to my post!
I also used to see people around me, when they get stress they always smoke as you do.
But,I think smoking is not good way to deal with stress. You should give up it,friend...coz smoking is really harmful to ur health!

Post a Comment

VisaBlogging.blogspot.com © 2009 All rights reserved.Designed by Visa. Powered hosting by Blogger.Com | Privacy Policy.